Why do great websites need a great brand first? What can you do to OWN your brand online? How can your website promote your brand? This is exactly what we discussed at our #TXCHANGE Happy Hour, Build Your Brand Before You Build Your Website! For a quick recap, skim our key takeaways below. Or just hit play and watch the entire seminar video.
1. Your brand is not a logo, advertising, your mission statement, etc. Your brand is a gut feeling (as articulated by Robert Brunner, Ammunition Group). Or you could say, a brand is the intangible sum of your assets (Tom Schmittdiel, PSG Marketing).
2. It is important to identify every touchpoint of your brand and then deliver on the brand promise that you’ve made AT EACH touchpoint.
3. You cannot tell people what to believe about your brand, but you can be consistent with your branding efforts. Words create a challenge you must live up to, actions give you the opportunity deliver on that challenge.
4. Communicate your brand consistently online through your navigation, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and beyond.
5. For EVERYTHING you do, ask yourself, “Does this follow the brand that I’ve created?” If this brand were a person, would it do that? Here? In this way?