The Net Impact Trend List is a semi-weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- It can be frustrating to see a Facebook fan base shrink and not know why. A recent study may help show why Facebook fans stop following a brand. The study suggests the low engagement is due to companies posting stale content. Facebook remains a great platform for connecting with users with the proper social media strategy.
- One common method for fan engagement on Social Media is to administer a contest. This article on SEO Hacker explains the need for Facebook apps to develop, grow, and track a successful contest. While they do require more development resources, Facebook apps create a much more focused and integrative user experience.
- While SEO involves many complicated processes, this recent article on Adotas argues that the main signal from Google is to SEO for trust. For now, local indicators such as a physical office and phone number are still important to Google. However, signals of online trust like branded searches, web infrastructure, and long-term domain registrations will only continue to grow in relevance.
Rising Searches (Internet) from Google Insights
The launch of Google’s new flight search tool caused a surge of search traffic last week. Live demos of Microsoft’s new tablet optimized Windows 8 also generated significant searches.
- 1. flight search google (Breakout)
- 2. windows 8 (+450%)
- 3. google,com (+70%)
- 4. google search (+50%)
- 5. woot (+50%)
- 6. . emoticon (+40%)
- 7. cool math.com (+40%)
- 8. yahoo,com (+40%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Congratulation to TricorBraun (@tricorbraun) for winning twice in Graphic Design USA’s annual American Graphic Design Awards! They were awarded for their Winnie the Pooh and Roxor packages.
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!