The Net Impact Trend List is a semi-weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- In B2B marketing efforts online, it’s sometimes difficult to decide if content should go before or after the form. Content after a registration form can further develop qualified leads, but it is invisible to search engines. This article on Search Engine Land provides key concepts to consider for B2B web marketing with forms. (via @DerekEdmond)
- While Social Media gains popularity in the marketing community, many companies struggle to decide how to allocate resources to this new tool compared to traditional marketing tactics. Michael Penna (@MikePenna) in a post this week makes a case for a bigger Social Media budget, including more robust ROI measurements and appropriate comparisons to other marketing tools.
- We use Google Trends every week to gather search data for the Trend List. However, this week we’ve been playing with its counterpart, Google Correlate. This tool allows the user to import or specify a pattern, and Google will find search terms that correlate with the data. There’s even the option to search by drawing!
Rising Searches from Google Insights
This past week, Google’s animated doodle commemorating Freddie Mercury sparked a high volume of searches and social media buzz about the late singer. Maryland’s “Jekyll & Hyde” college football uniforms and Labor Day were also popular topics on the web.
- 1. freddie mercury (+4,550%)
- 2. maryland uniforms (+3,600%)
- 3. dead island (+300%)
- 4. espn3 (+250%)
- 5. hurricane katia (+250%)
- 6. labor day (+200%)
- 7. us open (+160%)
- 8. mapquest driving directions (+130%)
- 9. us open tennis (+120%)
- 10. espn.com (+80%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Cheryle Dyle-Palmer, COO for the Parents as Teachers national headquarters (@NatlPAT), will be recognized this week as a Diverse Business Leader by the St. Louis Business Journal at their annual awards luncheon. Congratulations to Cheryle and the Parents as Teachers team for this great honor!
- Continuing the accolades, Linda Brandl of Union Pacific Railroad (@UnionPacific) has been recognized in the annual “Women Worth Watching” feature of the Profiles in Diversity Journal. We love it when our partners make such a positive impact!
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!