The Net Impact Trend List is a semi-weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- Facebook advertising is rapidly growing due to its ability to target users based on their “likes”, behaviors, and interests. This article from Dave Williams discusses the depth of data companies can find and how brands can use Facebook data for targeted advertising.
- Though Google plus mania may have cooled since its buzz-worthy “private” release in June, there has remained a strong undercurrent of interest in the social media and developer community. This week the Google plus API for public data was released, allowing web developers to build third party tools implementing data from the fast-rising social network.
- For B2B marketing, SEO is essential for building and maintaining a strong presence on the web. Search Engine Watch offers a great article pinpointing 10 concepts that every organization should understand when aligning SEO with B2B marketing
Rising Searches from Google Insights
This past week saw a rise in traffic concerning the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the beginning of the NFL season, and the Miss Universe pageant. Certainly, this was a week of diverse results.
- 1. miss universe 2011 (+1,850%)
- 2. miss universe (+1,700%)
- 3. scarlett johansson (+1,300%)
- 4. missoni (+1,100%)
- 5. 9/11 (+450%)
- 6. twin towers (+450%)
- 7. 9 11 (+400%)
- 8. 911 (+300%)
- 9. obama (+80%)
- 10. nfl (+70%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Custom jewelry e-commerce partner Jenny Present (@JennyPresent) was recently featured in a popular industry blog, papernstitch. The post offers a tour of the Jenny Present studios and insights into the design process.
- Sandberg, Phoenix & Von Gontard, P.C. (@sandbergphoenix) has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2012, an annual publication based on peer-review surveys of over 40,000 lawyers nationwide. Congratulations to the 5 Sandberg Phoenix attorneys selected for such a great distinction!
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!