The Net Impact Trend List is a semi-weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- Looking to maximize engagement on Facebook? It may be time to reconsider how to post updates to the social network. A recent study from Edgerank Checker (@edgerankchecker) reports that Facebook posts from third party APIs can reduce comments and likes by about 80%. This is likely due to third party applications being penalized by Facebook’s Edgerank algorithm and the way Facebook collapses common posts.
- While social media offers a unique and personal way for users to engage with a brand, it can be challenging to find a measurable Return on Investment. While there may not be a single metric to measure the success of social media efforts, there are several tools available that together can provide valuable data. Rand Fishkin of SEOmoz (@SEOmoz) provides a comprehensive guide to tracking ROI for social media, detailing important resources to use and KPIs to monitor.
Rising Searches from Google Insights
This past week saw a large amount of search traffic focused on Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate as well as searches around the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.
- 1. freddie mercury (+4,100%)
- 2. maryland uniforms (+3,550%)
- 3. republican debate (+2,600%)
- 4. 9/11 (+350%)
- 5. dead island (+300%)
- 6. droid bionic (+170%)
- 7. sons of anarchy (+170%)
- 8. nascar (+80%)
- 9. us open (+70%)
- 10. us open tennis (+70%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- 16 firm partners from The Stolar Partnership (@StolarLaw) have been included in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 publication. This publication is produced by Best Lawyers, an organization responsible for an annual peer-voted review of 41,000+ US lawyers. Congratulations to the Stolar Partnership on receiving such great recognition.
- Myself Belts (@myselfbelts) has been nominated as an awesome accessory for Red Tricycle’s annual Totally Awesome Awards. Best of luck! We’re sure you’ll do awesome.
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!