The Net Impact Trend List is a weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- “Black Friday” may always be the largest shopping holiday of the year, but the channels in which consumers shop is ever-changing. IBM is reporting that this Black Friday, online sales were up 24.3% over last year. This surge in e-commerce activity was paralleled with a rise in mobile commerce, with mobile sales up 9.8% annually.
- Pinterest, the image bookmarking and display site has experienced enormous growth this year as a social network. This represents a great opportunity for businesses to create easily shareable content that will resonate in this growing network. To help ensure your image content is creating the desired conversions, Search Engine Journal has some SEO strategies for Pinterest.
- Of course, when speaking of holiday shopping and e-commerce it is impossible to ignore the “Cyber Monday” phenomenon. Last year online sales on the Monday following Thanksgiving reached over $1 billion in revenue. This week The New York Times covers Cyber Monday’s history and significance to e-commerce retailers. The ubiquity of Cyber Monday can be seen in the many deals today from TNI partners, including RideMakerz, Artistic Sensations, Jenny Present and Myself Belts.
Find out the search terms that have been trending on Google during the past week. Data was gathered using Google’s Insights for Search tool.
Last week there was a major spike in search traffic regarding the holidays and more specifically, holiday shopping. ‘Tis the season!
- 1. thanksgiving (+400%)
- 2. turkey (+300%)
- 3. black friday deals (+250%)
- 4. black friday (+200%)
- 5. thanksgiving 2011 (+200%)
- 6. black friday 2011 (+160%)
- 7. best buy (+100%)
- 8. black friday ads (+60%)
- 9. walmart (+60%)
- 10. macys (+50%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Congratulations to Jenny Present for being featured in People Magazine’s Holiday 2011 Gift Guide!
- See photos from non-profit partner Karla Smith Foundation’s 2011 Dinner Auction, which The Net Impact Team had the pleasure of attending!
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!