The Net Impact Trend List is a weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- Last week, popular online video broadcasting service Livestream announced major changes to their player. Changes include an adaptive bitrate that dynamically adjusts video quality, DVR rewind features, and enhanced live blogging capabilities. We recently started live streaming at our most recent TXCHANGE event on The Net Impact Live page.
- As we mentioned on our previous Trend List, Google has begun to limit keyword referral data in its analytics. Many analysts thought this change would have severe consequences for the SEO community. In response, Search Engine Watch provided some valuable perspective on the implications of Google’s changes.
- Facebook’s major changes announced at its annual F8 conference are impacting the way brands communicate with fans, and the data is coming in to show it. According to a new report from Page Lever, the changes have increased brand reach greatly, but frequent posting is far less effective.
Find out the search terms that have been trending on Google during the past week. Data was gathered using Google’s Insights for Search tool.
During the past week, searchers on Google have been highly curious about Halloween costumes, The World Series, and the imminent end of Daylight Savings Time. Don’t forget to “fall back” on Sunday November 6th!
- 1. bibi jones (+1,550%)
- 2. battlefield 3 (+250%)
- 3. daylight savings time (+170%)
- 4. daylight savings (+160%)
- 5. daylight savings 2011 (+150%)
- 6. world series (+90%)
- 7. halloween costume ideas (+70%)
- 8. halloween (+60%)
- 9. rangers (+60%)
- 10. texas rangers (+50%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Nonprofit partner The Karla Smith Foundation will be in the spotlight this Friday, November 4th, during this week’s episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. In August, The Karla Smith Foundation helped build a new home for Allen Hill, an Iraq War Veteran suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Tune in Friday night at 7pm central on ABC to watch KSF help “move that bus”!
- Sansai Japanese Grill is social in St. Louis! Be sure to “like” Sansai on Facebook and follow Sansai on Twitter to receive event information and discounts!
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!