The Net Impact Trend List is a weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
This week Google released a report on mobile and online shopping during the 2011 holiday season. The data suggests that 46% of online shoppers researched a purchase on their smartphone before buying offline in store, along with many other figures demonstrating the prevalence of smartphones in the modern purchasing process. With so much shopping behavior tied to smartphone usage, smart mobile marketing and mobile site design are more important than ever.
- Flash is slowly but surely making way for HTML5, but what does that mean for the user experience? This week UXBooth looks at designers and users are adapting to HTML5. At TNI we also look forward to providing a “delightfully inconsistent experience on any device” with HTML5.
- And for a little fun this Valentine’s Day, check out this marriage proposal through Words with Friends, the popular mobile application. Quite a creative way to pop the question!
Find out the search terms that have been trending on Google during the past week. Data was gathered using Google’s Insights for Search tool.
This week five of the top ten rising searches on Google were related to the tragic death of singer Whitney Houston. Also, Jeremy Lin of the New York Knicks was a major source of search traffic after buzzing through social media circles with the hashtag #Linsanity.
- 1. whitney (Breakout)
- 2. whitney houston (Breakout)
- 3. whitney houston dead (Breakout)
- 4. whitney houston death (Breakout)
- 5. whitney houston news (Breakout)
- 6. jeremy lin (+1,850%)
- 7. the vow (+300%)
- 8. beyonce (+150%)
- 9. powerball (+150%)
- 10. tmz (+110%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Big congratulations to The Stolar Partnership (@StolarLaw)! Associate Charla Claypool is to be honored by The St. Louis American Foundation later this month for her commitment to the community!
- Packaging firm TricorBraun filled us in on Twitter: one minute of popping bubble wrap provides equivalent stress relief of a 33 minute massage. How relaxing!
- Finally, we want to say congrats to Simpatico-Home for the “Best New Product Award” at the New York International Gift Fair. Way to go!
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!