From the 2012 SMX (Search Marketing Expo)
SEO. S is user, E is centered, O is design. Ok so it doesn’t quite line up that easily, but the point is that SEO of the future references the user, not the search engine algorithm (even though it still has to reference the search engine algorithm).
To help the “user-centered cause”, we’ve listed some easy tips to make sure your website is designed primarily for searchers.
- Just from looking at the site, would you feel comfortable giving the website personal or private information?
- Does the website’s content contain spelling or grammatical errors?
- Is there an “About” page on the website?
- Does the website list employee profiles or bios?
- Does the website place copyright statements on content?
- Does the website regularly update those copyright statements?
- Does the website contain author profiles?
- Does the website contain trust deals?
- Does the website place the important content above the fold?
- Does the website utilize micro formats?
Start by asking the right questions and then take it from there.
Get more TNI blog posts from SMX 2012.