From the 2012 SMX (Search Marketing Expo)
Marty Weintraub CEO of aimClear® and Danny Sullivan Editor and Chief of Search Engine Land discussed how search engine personalization might impact SERP results for individuals. In other words, what I see for a specific keyword and what you see for a specific might differ depending on the information that Google and Bing have stored for us. In technical terms, this is what personalization means.
- Facebook and Twitter matter less than they used to, but Google+ might become more important since it is well…part of Google SEO now.
- It is increasingly more important to mention and tag influencers on Google+
- Expanding the personal network means expanding SEO experience
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to people that discuss certain topics or verticals, it’s the web, you can be friends
- Measuring is important, set engagement KPIs and build your network
- IP address, search history and social connections drive personal search
- Identify your company’s thought leaders and promote them as individuals
Get more TNI blog posts from SMX 2012.