The Net Impact Trend List is a semi-weekly look at relevant news, blogs, trending searches, and our client successes. For those interested in social media, SEO, and web development, trend on.
Worth a Look
- Search engines love quality video content on sites like YouTube. It is such a valuable tool The Net Impact hosted an event covering video SEO. This week, Reel SEO posted an article highlighting the small details which help improve a video’s rankings in YouTube’s search algorithm. Check out their 10 YouTube SEO tips.
- In the realm of Pay-Per-Click, Google AdWords is king. However, recent legal trouble regarding their treatment of competitors has cast doubt on Google’s practices. This article from AdAge discusses allegations that Google hiked up ad rates for Microsoft.
- Mark Zuckerberg announced major updates to Facebook this week at their f8 conference in San Francisco. Changes include timelines replacing profiles, the Like button expanding to gestures, and 3rd party integrations from Hulu,Spotify, and even Netflix in certain regions. Head over to Mashable for a full summary of the Facebook changes.
Find out the search terms that have been trending on Google during the past week. Data was gathered using Google’s Insights for Search tool.
This week searchers sought out information about Albert Szent-Gyorgyi after Google commemorated the scientist’s birthday with a doodle. The Emmy’s and Comedy Central’s Charlie Sheen Roast were also well represented in search and in social media.
- 1. albert szent-gyorgyi (Breakout)
- 2. mayweather vs ortiz (+1,850%)
- 3. scarlett johansson pictures (+1,700%)
- 4. mayweather (+1,600%)
- 5. emmys (+1,150%)
- 6. floyd mayweather (+1,000%)
- 7. charlie sheen roast (+450%)
- 8. charlie sheen (+350%)
- 9. scarlett johansson (+350%)
- 10. lion king (+90%)
TNI Partner Spotlight
- Our partner AAA Translation is a sponsor for the St. Louis World Trade Center’s Growing Global event this week. This is the premier event for the WTC and the international business community in St. Louis.
Stay up to date on industry news and commentary, TNI happenings, and events with web experts. Sign up for The Impact Update today!